Close Up German
by Simon Link
HyperScale is proudly supported by Squadron
Three years ago the German Jagdbomber Geschwader 31 "Beolcke"
(Fighter bomber wing 31) celebrated their 45th anniversary.
For this Jubilee one of the Tornados was painted by an airbrush artist.
In my opinion this aircraft has the most beautiful painting scheme I
have ever seen and I would like to share these pictures with others.
Maybe there is somebody who feels challenged by these photos to build it
in 1/32 scale!
This pictures were taken shortly after the paint was dry enough to
remove the masking.
Now some information about the aircraft itself:
Panavia Tornado PA 200
GS version ( the GAF has two versions of the IDS: GS = German
Strike, GT German Trainer )
Military markings: 44+31
Serial no. 4131
This aircraft was in service until 2005.
Now it is in preparation to be set as a gateguard at our air base.
What the detail pics show:
- Left air intake: The wolf = symbol of the 2nd flying squadron
- Right air intake : Two donkeys = symbol of the 1st flying
- Right side of the tail fin: portrait of Oswald Boelcke
- Left side of the tail fin: flying Tornado, 20 years (in service)
- since 1958: the year the FBW 31 was set into service
- since 1983: the year the first German Tornado flew
Some information about myself:
Profession: Soldier, maintenance squadron Tornado Rank: TSgt
Plastic modelling: US Navy aircraft and military versions of helicopter.
Anniversary Tornado IDS
Click the thumbnails below to view
Text & Images Copyright © 2007 by Simon
Page Created 26 February, 2007
26 February, 2007
Back to Reference Library